Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Introducing DetroitOnLion.com!



You've probably noticed by now that I have a new site. If you haven't and are still reading this from my Blogspot site, go here, dummy.

Indeed, I have upgraded to a ".com" and shed myself of the ".blogspot.com" stigma. Before I get into the specifics of the new site, I must give due dilliagence to the creator of this site, and close friend, Neil Shapero.

About three weeks ago, out of the blue, Neil came to me with this site. It was done completely unsolicited and came with no strings attached. Neil just thought (rightfully) that my site could use a makeover and went ahead and did it. Almost 100% of what you see on this site was his creation, and I cannot be happier with what he's done with the place. I asked Neil if there was anything I could do for him, but he's quite a humble guy and didn't want me to plug any of his projects. So let me just say this: if you like the way this place looks and are looking to make a site of your own, I can get you in touch with Neil, and I'd highly recommend him.

For now, I still have the Blogspot up and running. So if you are comfortable with that eye-sore, the site will be kept up to date for the time being. I am getting a fair amount of traffic at that site still, and it has a pretty good google ranking, so it's worth it for me to keep it for awhile. However, I do plan on having that site redirect to the .com site eventually, but I will give you all fair warning before that happens.

The .com site is obviously much easier on the eyes, but expect small changes as I get used to the new format. I ask that you please be patient with any little bugs you see, and I appreciate any feedback you may have. I plan on getting rid of the ugly, outdated banner that doesn't really fit the new look. I may play with extra widgets or sidebars, depending on what I find. The content, however, will be the exact same. The only change is that I plan on writing more, now that I have a professional-looking site. I also recently got my hands on a copy of Photoshop, so you can expect more, terribly-edited pictures, like the one in my breakup post with Pizza.

Anyway, let me know what you think. You can reach me, as always, through the comment section, by twitter, or by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment