With all that in mind, here's what you need to read to get ready for this huge matchup:
- I broke down Jared Allen's three sacks against the Lions to figure out who is to blame and what can be corrected this week for facing the dynamic DeMarcus Ware.
- My statistical preview of the Cowboys game, which had another solid prediction last week (my prediction: 24-20, final score 26-23), finds some interesting results about how well the Lions have played against the pass so far.
Stuff Better Than Mine
- I'm going to continue to link Armchair Linebacker every week until I get at least 20 comments saying "oh my god, thank you for showing me this beacon of poetic amazingness". This week he wrote an excellent piece on Jeff Backus and his previews are always an entertaining read.
- A detailing of the key matchups over at SideLion Report.
- An interesting little interview between Michael Sudds of Bleacher Report and Long Ball of DraftTek.com. Good read for those looking to learn about the Cowboys and how they view the Lions.
- Finally, why single-covering Megatron is a terrible idea. Obvious, but informative.
Moving Pictures Time!
Okay, so the Lions lose this game 37-3, but look at that awesome 90s style production.
This video is worth a look at for this picture alone:
I want that jacket.
I expect this to happen at least three times this week, except replace the ball with Ndamukong Suh's body.
This video is made infinitely better if you imagine the baby trying to actually fart before raspberry-ing.
Side note, if "Cowboys Suck" videos were honey-glazed hams, we could cure world-hunger with youtube.
Enough nonsense, Go Lions.